By Janet Rodgers, President and CEO, Alpharetta Convention and Visitors Bureau
Alpharetta’s hospitality industry is open for business and invites you to be a tourist in your own community! Prior to March 2020, Alpharetta’s tourism industry was robust and strong. With nearly 3,600 guest rooms, our 28 hotels were thriving with business travelers and face-to-face corporate meetings during the week, while flourishing with large weddings and sports tournaments on weekends. Our restaurants hosted a packed house of diners during lunch and dinner each day. Our attractions welcomed lines of patrons to be entertained. Our shops replenished their stock weekly after selling out products from consumer purchases. Live music and concerts could be heard in the city each week. And our annual events? Well, anyone who has attended an Alpharetta festival or event can tell you they rival against some of the best events in the nation. Taste of Alpharetta, Arts Streetfest, and Wire & Wood Music Festival to name a few event staples in our city. Alpharetta’s hospitality industry is working toward getting stronger every day but has a long way yet to go…which is why our tourism partners need you more than ever!
As the official destination marketing organization for Alpharetta, we at the Alpharetta Convention and Visitors Bureau have seen the passion Alpharetta residents have for the fabric and charm of this community. That local enthusiasm exudes into the ambiance of the city that entices thousands of visitors to come each year. People want to visit where the residents love their community. Alpharetta’s shops, restaurants, attractions, events, and hotels make up the foundation of the city we’ve all grown to love so much. These businesses have a tremendous economic impact to the Alpharetta community. The residents of Alpharetta and surrounding communities can make the most immediate impact on our local economy until business and leisure travelers return to our destination. In an effort to welcome us back in a new environment, these establishments have adapted to include inventive ways of serving guests and patrons – preventive guidelines, curbside pickup options, more outdoor seating options, enhanced cleaning measures, and social distancing practices. Right now, you are the most important asset to these businesses in our city.
You ask, “How can I help?” The Alpharetta Convention and Visitors Bureau has curated a list of ways you can “nearcation” as a local to find fun and enjoyment while supporting these vital small businesses.
- Start checking off your holiday gift list! Alpharetta has over 250 shops so you can purchase something for everyone on your list in these local shops.
- Everyone loves food! Gift cards from local restaurants make great gifts. Alpharetta has over 200 restaurants.
- Go out to eat tonight and treat your family to a night away from the kitchen.
- As corporations return to their offices in Alpharetta, partner with an Alpharetta restaurant to cater in a “welcome back” lunch for your team.
- Make the holidays easier on yourself and order some of your dishes and desserts from an Alpharetta eatery.
- Don’t know what to get your sweetheart for Valentine’s Day this year? Buy a spa certificate from an Alpharetta spa for a day of pampering and relaxation.
- Know a friend or family member who could use a getaway? Book an Alpharetta hotel room and invite them to visit for the weekend. It’s fun to play tour guide and host guests in your own backyard!
- Looking for something to do this weekend? Live music has resumed. Cooking schools are hosting demonstrations. Santa has been sighted around town. Check out our calendar of events at awesomealpharetta.com/calendar to see which ones you would like to attend.
- We are all looking for a little merry to make the last month of 2020 brighter. Wrap up your holidays at the city’s districts of Avalon, Downtown, and North Point Mall with shopping, dining, visits with Santa, and socially distanced festive events.
- Find a family-friendly attraction to entertain the kids. Check out our list of Alpharetta attractions at awesomealpharetta.com/play.
- Alpharetta is home to the only conference center in North Fulton as well as 28+ hotels with meeting space. Need to host a small meeting, wedding, or event sometime soon? Our hotels are eager to work with you with preventive and enhanced cleaning measures in place to ensure a successful event. Not sure where to begin in planning your event? Let our sales team at the Alpharetta CVB help you. Our services and resources to planners are complimentary.
We know our travel adventures will return to normal one day. Until then, we hope you enjoy exploring the hospitality experiences you can find close to home all while driving the local economy to be strong once again. Our return to normal begins right here in Alpharetta!