Apply for the City of Roswell’s First-Ever CORE Community Program
Get a behind-the-scenes look at the City of Roswell through the City’s new public engagement program, CORE Community. Roswell residents and business owners are invited to apply for the free eight-week (nine-session) program, which runs from April 18 through June 9, 2018.
Each week, the City of Roswell Education and Engagement (CORE) Community program will highlight the work of one of the City’s departments or service areas with the goal of familiarizing participants with their city government’s policies, processes, goals, challenges, and activities—and, most importantly, its people.
“Not only do we want to help bring awareness and understanding of the City’s day-to-day work through this program, but we hope the program’s personal interaction among participants and staff helps inspire meaningful relationships, engagement, and collaboration within our community,” said Gary Palmer, City Administrator.
The classes will be held in the evening, from 6:30 to 9:00 p.m., with the exception of the final morning session. Dinner will be provided for participants.
· Session 1: Wednesday, April 18, 2018—Administration Department
· Session 2: Wednesday, April 25, 2018—Finance Department and Municipal Court
· Session 3: Wednesday, May 2, 2018—Police Department
· Session 4: Tuesday, May 8, 2018—Transportation Department
· Session 5: Wednesday, May 16, 2018—Community Development Department
· Session 6: Wednesday, May 23, 2018—Environmental/Public Works Department
· Session 7: Wednesday, May 30, 2018—Fire Department
· Session 8: Wednesday, June 6, 2018—Recreation, Parks, Historic & Cultural Affairs Department
· Session 9: Saturday, June 9, 2018—Tour, lunch, and graduation
CORE Community is limited to 25 participants. Applicants will be accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis, provided they meet the following criteria:
· Must be a Roswell resident or the owner of a Roswell-registered business.
· Must be 18 years of age or older.
· Cannot be running for political office during the program.
· One participant per household.
· Must be willing to commit to attendance at all sessions.
To apply, visit www.roswellgov.com/CORECommunity. The application deadline is Friday, March 23, 2018.
For more information, contact Karen Zitomer, Community Relations Coordinator, at email@example.com or 770-594-6282.